Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Rino Srivastava <rs...@producersamerica.com> on 2001/11/29 17:11:31 UTC

NoSuchMethodError

Hi there:

I am trying to run your HelloServer.java and Client.java programs using soap
and java.

I get the following error message:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
at org.apache.soap.util.xml.Qname.<init><Qname.java:80>
at org.apache.soap.util.xml.matches<Qname.java:146>
at org.apache.soap.Envelop.unmarshall<Envelop.java:237>
at org.apache.soap.rpc.Call.invoke<Call.java:230>
at hello.Client.main<Client.java:50>
I am attaching the client and server files:
 <<Client.java>>  <<HelloServer.java>>

Can you please suggest how I can fix the above error?

Thanks in advance.
Rino Srivastava

deploy service problem

Posted by Xavier Renard <xa...@ulg.ac.be>.
Hello,

I'm new with SOAP and I do have a problem with deploying a service with
SOAP.
I did install SOAP with Tomcat 3.3 without a problem. Then I did a
deployement descriptor (in fact, I follow the example in the book java &
XML )
and when I did launch this command
java org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient
http://localhost:8080/soap/servlet/rpcrouteur deploy CDCatalog.xml

I receive this Exception
Exception in thread "main" [SOAPException: faultCode=SOAP-ENV:Client;
msg=Connec
tion shutdown: JVM_recv in socket input stream read;
targetException=java.net.So
cketException: Connection shutdown: JVM_recv in socket input stream read]
        at
org.apache.soap.transport.http.SOAPHTTPConnection.send(SOAPHTTPConnec
tion.java:328)
        at org.apache.soap.rpc.Call.invoke(Call.java:205)
        at
org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.invokeMethod(ServiceManag
erClient.java:129)
        at
org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.deploy(ServiceManagerClie
nt.java:142)
        at
org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.main(ServiceManagerClient
.java:230)

Can you tell me where is the problem

Thank you

Xavier

deploy service problem

Re: NoSuchMethodError

Posted by P Sreenivasa Rao <ps...@cmcltd.com>.
I tried and no rpoblem.check ur classpath

Re: NoSuchMethodError

Posted by P Sreenivasa Rao <ps...@cmcltd.com>.

RE: NoSuchMethodError

Posted by William Brogden <wb...@bga.com>.

This is just about guaranteed to be a problem with an old
xml parser package hanging around on your system. For some
reason the server is finding it before it finds a current
parser that supports namespaces. Check out the documentation
on how Java finds jar files - it looks in the standard
extensions directory BEFORE it looks at the classpath.

Bill

RE: NoSuchMethodError

Posted by William Brogden <wb...@bga.com>.