Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by tim878 <ti...@lmco.com> on 2008/07/28 21:59:00 UTC

Problem downloading source.

I am unable to checkout the source for activeMQdotnet using the instructions
provided in the download instructions.  I have tried using tortoise,
subclipse and svn command line client using the url of the repository
provided in the download instructions.
(https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/activemq/activemq-dotnet/)
i am able to view the top level directory in tortoise but i get an error
when i try to check the directory out.  Even if I was able to check the
directory out i am not sure what folder i am supposed to run the maven build
command from.
My end goal is to obtain an activeMQ and NMS dll that are greater than
version 4.0.  It would have saved me a LOT of time if the dll was available
for download directly:)
thanks for your help.

Re: Problem downloading source.

Posted by tim878 <ti...@lmco.com>.
James

Thanks for giving it a try... you are probably right that it is a local
firewall preventing access.  I can ping svn.apache.org, but i dont receive a
reply from it.(but i dont receive a reply from www.yahoo.com or
www.google.com either)
The reason i was trying to get updated dll's is that our application has a
memory leak like the one described in this discussion:
http://www.nabble.com/4.0-Consumer-OutOfMemoryError-bug--td4636181.html.
I guess for now I will wait till i can get to a computer on a different
local network to try the checkout.

tim

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
Works fine for me :)

2008/7/29 tim878 <ti...@lmco.com>:

> James
>
> Thanks alot for your quick response!  I tried using both http and https
> again this morning using the subversion client and the urls in the link that
> you provided with no luck.  I received a "could not connect to server"
> (http://svn.apache.org) error message.
>
> Tim
>

> James.Strachan wrote:
>>
>> 2008/7/28 tim878 <ti...@lmco.com>:
>>>
>>> I am unable to checkout the source for activeMQdotnet using the
>>> instructions
>>> provided in the download instructions.  I have tried using tortoise,
>>> subclipse and svn command line client using the url of the repository
>>> provided in the download instructions.
>>> (https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/activemq/activemq-dotnet/)
>>> i am able to view the top level directory in tortoise but i get an error
>>> when i try to check the directory out.
>>
>> Does using http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/activemq/activemq-dotnet/
>> help? (i.e. not using http).
>>
>> Failing that try installing subversion and do a checkout as described
>> on this page (I've updated the page to show the correct directories to
>> checkout)...
>> http://cwiki.apache.org/NMS/source.html
>>

>>> Even if I was able to check the
>>> directory out i am not sure what folder i am supposed to run the maven
>>> build
>>> command from.
>>
>> Each of the checkouts in the above page should include a nant build
>> for creating the DLLs - or use Visual Studio.
>>

>>> My end goal is to obtain an activeMQ and NMS dll that are greater than
>>> version 4.0.  It would have saved me a LOT of time if the dll was
>>> available
>>> for download directly:)
>>
>> I hear you :) Hopefully we can get an official release out soon
>>
>> --
>> James
>> -------
>> http://macstrac.blogspot.com/