Posted to dev@accumulo.apache.org by Michael Wall <mj...@gmail.com> on 2020/10/12 21:12:43 UTC

[DRAFT][REPORT] Apache Accumulo - Oct 2020

The Apache Accumulo PMC decided to draft its quarterly board
reports on the dev list. Here is a draft of our report which is due
Wednesday, Oct 14, 1 week before the board meeting on
Wednesday, Oct 21. Please let me know if you have any feedback.

Some more detailed metrics are at
https://reporter.apache.org/wizard/statistics?accumulo,
which appears to require a committer login.

Mike

----
[REPORT] Accumulo - Oct 2020

The Apache Accumulo sorted, distributed key/value store is a robust, scalable,
high performance data storage system that features cell-based access control
and customizable server-side processing. It is based on Google's BigTable
design and is built on top of Apache Hadoop, Zookeeper, and Thrift.

## Issues:

Still waiting for the owner of http://www.accumulodata.com to work with Amazon
to reactive the account used for hosting so it can be pointed to
https://accumulo.apache.org or shutdown.  Initial emails are at [1].

## Membership Data:

Apache Accumulo was founded 2012-03-20 (9 years ago)
There are currently 37 committers and 37 PMC members in this project.
The Committer-to-PMC ratio is 1:1.

Community changes, past quarter:
- No new PMC members. Last addition was Arvind Shyamsundar on 2020-04-15.
- No new committers. Last addition was Arvind Shyamsundar on 2020-04-16.

## Project Activity:

- We completed our rename of our git branch to 'main' [2]
- Apache Accumulo 1.10 was completed, our first LTM release [3].

## Community Health:

- Christopher Tubbs updated all our projects [4] with tag #hacktober to increase
community participation as part of Digital Ocean's Hacktoberfest [5].
- Mailing list particpation and github issues are consistent.

[1]:https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/514d3cf9162e72f4aa13be1db5d6685999fc83755695308a529de4d6@%3Cprivate.accumulo.apache.org%3E
[2]:https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/ra4b972e27eef1d21a33b9e64a8be5ffd7bbef30b8cd965465e32bdc8%40%3Cdev.accumulo.apache.org%3E
[3]:https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/ra5aed36cf93e62f3110ce94193a098c3710f26e64584f6e1d1f9bca3%40%3Cuser.accumulo.apache.org%3E
[4]:https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/ra5aed36cf93e62f3110ce94193a098c3710f26e64584f6e1d1f9bca3%40%3Cuser.accumulo.apache.org%3E
[5]:https://hacktoberfest.digitalocean.com/

Re: [DRAFT][REPORT] Apache Accumulo - Oct 2020

Posted by Marc <ph...@apache.org>.
LGTM, Mike. Christopher's changes look great as well.

Posted by Christopher <ct...@apache.org>.
I've been watching that thread as well, but I have not yet seen the
concurrency issues they are mentioning affecting us. It's possible
because we have less activity? or fewer build tasks? or ours are
relatively short compared to theirs? I'm not sure. All I know is that
it doesn't seem to be a problem for us, because our jobs are typically
completed within a half hour from when the PR is created or branch is
pushed.

Posted by Michael Wall <mj...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Christopher <ct...@apache.org>.