Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Christian Asmussen <kr...@kriconet.com.br> on 2002/02/15 17:02:39 UTC

How to upload large files

I am having problems to upload large files, the connection seems to be
"cut" after a few bytes.  Is this normal?  How do I deal with large file
uploads?

 --
"If we did all the things we are capable of,
we would literally astound ourselves"

Re: How to upload large files

Posted by Igor Kozlov <ig...@informex.net>.
Hello Christian,

CA> I am having problems to upload large files, the connection seems to be
CA> "cut" after a few bytes.  Is this normal?  How do I deal with large file
CA> uploads?

Are you use Tomcat 4.0 and Apache? This pair have a bug in Multipart
request.

But if not, you can try set property in TurbineResources.properties

services.UploadService.automatic=true
services.UploadService.repository=.
services.UploadService.size.max=1048576
services.UploadService.size.threshold=0

--
Best regards,
 Igor                            mailto:igor@informex.net

Re: How to upload large files

Posted by Christian Asmussen <kr...@kriconet.com.br>.
Yep, I had the same problem myself.  I also had problems (not
turbine-related) with memory.  It seems that tomcat keeps the request in
memory (probably a BiteArrayInputStream) and therefore when a user uploads
a 20Mb file, one gets a godamn OOME (outamem) exception.  I havent been
able to figure out how this works on turbine yet.

Re: How to upload large files

Posted by John McNally <jm...@collab.net>.