Posted to user@madlib.apache.org by Frank McQuillan <fm...@pivotal.io> on 2018/10/22 18:38:52 UTC

Releases idea, updated

MADlib community,

tldr;  I created 2 new releases in JIRA:  1.16 and 2.1.

More:

The 2.0 main themes are updated interface and model management/versioning,
as we have aleady discussed. This work is already underway, e.g.,
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MADLIB-1157
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MADLIB-1171
but this work may take awhile since it affects a lot of modules,
especially supervised learning.

For this reason I also created 1.16 in the case that the community
has independent features unrelated to 2.0 main themes that we can
add and release sooner, say before the end of the calendar year.
Also this could be for high priority bugs that we want to get
out earlier.

And 2.1 is the post-2.0 release so we can move features there as needed
that don't make it into 2.0, in the usual way.

Please let me know if you have any other suggestions or questions about
this release plan.

Frank