Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Velu <na...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/15 15:09:44 UTC

Re: SVN Hook (pre-commit): Commit failed, but why? PHP exit code 255, why?

Hi,

I am a new bie to svn setup. I am trying to setup a remote svn server on
WinXP.
I am able to connect to SVN from a remote SVN client(TortoiseSVN) . Here are
my questions:

1. After i start the svnserver, do i need to open any ports on router?
2. Should the repository be accessible through a webserver like apache
http,etc..

Thanks in advance.

Thanks,
Anand

Posted by Bogdan Cristea <cr...@gmail.com>.
On Tuesday 15 September 2009 18:09:44 you wrote:
> 1. After i start the svnserver, do i need to open any ports on router?
Not on the router, but on the firewall of the server where the svn server is
installed. Which port depends how the svn server is configured: using its own
protocol or http, https, etc. The configuration of svn server is easier when
using svn own protocol.

> 2. Should the repository be accessible through a webserver like apache
> http,etc..

It depends of your needs. If you have security issues, you could either use
ssh + svn or https. Take a look at svn help book.

Re: SVN Hook (pre-commit): Commit failed, but why? PHP exit code 255, why?

Posted by Andrey Repin <an...@freemail.ru>.
Greetings, Velu!

> I am a new bie to svn setup. I am trying to setup a remote svn server on
> WinXP.
> I am able to connect to SVN from a remote SVN client(TortoiseSVN) . Here are
> my questions:

> 1. After i start the svnserver, do i need to open any ports on router?
> 2. Should the repository be accessible through a webserver like apache
> http,etc..

If you are starting a new subject, click "New message", not "reply to".
Show at least little respect to potential readers of your message.

--
WBR,

Sorry for my terrible english...