Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by shahab <sh...@gmail.com> on 2015/09/04 10:31:45 UTC

Why I can not do a "count(*) ... allow filtering " without facing operation timeout?

Hi,

This is probably a silly problem , but it is really serious for me. I have
a cluster of 3 nodes, with replication factor 2. But still I can not do a
simple "select count(*) from ..."  neither using DevCenter nor "cqlsh" .
Any idea how this can be done?

best,
/Shahab

Re: Why I can not do a "count(*) ... allow filtering " without facing operation timeout?

Posted by Sebastian Estevez <se...@datastax.com>.
I hope this is not a production query...

All the best,

[image: datastax_logo.png] <http://www.datastax.com/>

Sebastián Estévez

Solutions Architect | 954 905 8615 | sebastian.estevez@datastax.com

[image: linkedin.png] <https://www.linkedin.com/company/datastax> [image:
facebook.png] <https://www.facebook.com/datastax> [image: twitter.png]
<https://twitter.com/datastax> [image: g+.png]
<https://plus.google.com/+Datastax/about>
<http://feeds.feedburner.com/datastax>

<http://cassandrasummit-datastax.com/?utm_campaign=summit15&utm_medium=summiticon&utm_source=emailsignature>

DataStax is the fastest, most scalable distributed database technology,
delivering Apache Cassandra to the world’s most innovative enterprises.
Datastax is built to be agile, always-on, and predictably scalable to any
size. With more than 500 customers in 45 countries, DataStax is the
database technology and transactional backbone of choice for the worlds
most innovative companies such as Netflix, Adobe, Intuit, and eBay.

Posted by Tommy Stendahl <to...@ericsson.com>.
Hi,