Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Marnie McCormack <ma...@googlemail.com> on 2006/11/21 11:58:29 UTC

Maven feedback ?

Hi All,

I work on the Apache Incubator project Qpid. We are currently mid transition
to maven for build/release.

We've encountered a few issues along the way (snapshots, directory
structures etc). I wondered if you could give me some feedback on your
project's experiences with maven please ? Would you recommend it for use ?

Thanks in advance,
Marnie

Re: Maven feedback ?

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.
I have to agree with Prasad.  I have the same love-hate issues with
Maven.

So far... Maven has been almost more trouble than its worth for G due
to the build complexity and the tight dependencies with OpenEJB.
This more often than not causes problems unless you build half of G,
then OpenEJB, then the rest of G.

For small simple projects its probably fine... though I'm still drawn
as to how much I really believe that.

--jason

Re: Maven feedback ?

Posted by Prasad Kashyap <go...@gmail.com>.