Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Kr...@xtl.com on 2014/06/18 16:37:27 UTC

Copy/Paste Issue

Good Morning!

My users seem to be having some troubles with the copy/paste functions in
OpenOffice 4.1 Calc. We recently upgraded our systems to Windows 7 (some
are still on XP) - it is the WIN7 users experiencing these issues. I have
ruled out the OS as the issue. I did so, by running a clipboard viewer as
the users were copy/pasting, and the clipboard received the correct data,
but Calc did not. The users copy data from another application (which has
been ruled out as well as the issue), then they paste the data in the Calc
spreadsheet. So for example, the user copies the word "cat", its pastes
fine in Clac, then the user copies the word "dog", and it still pastes
"cat", even though the clipboard shows "dog" as the last and most recent
item copied. The users have used the keyboard shortcuts for this, as well
as right-clicking and selecting the appropriate commands. I have been over
many forums on this issue, and have seen several people also complaining
about this same issue. I can provide more information about our network
environment if that helps you? Not sure what other information you require
though.

The issue has been on-going for about a month now - and I have yet to
resolve this myself. Hence, why I am turning to your support now for
further assistance. I am happy to also set up a remote session with you as
well to one of the users experiencing this issue to demonstrate this
issue.

Is there anything you could suggest/offer in resolution to this issue?
Please advise.

Regards,

Re: Copy/Paste Issue

Posted by johnny smith <ka...@krovatka.su>.
On Wed, 18 Jun 2014 14:37:27 -0000, <Kr...@xtl.com> wrote:

> So for example, the user copies the word "cat", its pastes
> fine in Clac, then the user copies the word "dog", and it still pastes
> "cat", even though the clipboard shows "dog" as the last and most recent
> item copied.

is it possible to disable the clipboard's queueing functionality through windows' control panel or the application's preferences? the feature may be local to ms office (or wherever you are copying from) and not work outside it.