Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Stefan Pietschmann <de...@gmail.com> on 2005/07/22 14:18:41 UTC

resource vs. action-set

Hi there,

today's question: So far I have a resource containing some actions which is
called at the beginning of one matcher. Those actions process information
from the request. This works fine, but I recently ran into action-sets and
thought "oh well, it's a resource which only contains actions, so it should
be an action-set, right?". So basically I replaced the resource with an
action-set and it doesn't work anymore.

<map:action-sets>

<map:action-set name="generateModel">

            <map:act type="auth-protect">

                        <map:parameter name="handler"
value="portalhandler"/>

                        <map:act type="updateModel">.</map:act>

                        <map:act type="trainCDL4">.</map:act>

                        <map:act type="writeModel">.</map:act>

</map:act>

</map:action-set>

</map:action-sets>

<map:resources>

<map:resource name="generateModel">

<map:act type="auth-protect">

                        <map:parameter name="handler"
value="portalhandler"/>

                        <map:act type="updateModel">..</map:act>

                        <map:act type="trainCDL4">.</map:act>

                        <map:act type="writeModel">.</map:act>

            </map:act>

</map:resource>

</map:resources>

</snip>

<map:match pattern="*/**.ama">

<!- this one works: -->

<!- <map:call resource="generateModel"/>-->

<!- this one doesn't -->

            <map:act set="generateModel"/>

            ..

</map:match>

(I left out the parameters for the actions.)

Why doesn't the first one work?

Do I misunderstand the concept of action-sets? Or is there a difference in
obtaining the request object or a problem with the authentication?

Thanx,

Stefan