Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Mridu Rajkhowa <mr...@rediffmail.com> on 2007/07/13 07:12:45 UTC

java client and slide connection with Encrypted password

hello

i am developing one simple application using jakarta slide 2.1. I am using WebdavResource for connection to the slide. Now during connection i want to send the  credentials   accross the network in encrypted form .
Is it possible ? Can any one help me out ?

with regards
mridu

RE: java client and slide connection with Encrypted password

Posted by Miguel Figueiredo <mf...@maisis.pt>.
Hello mridu,

 In fact it's quite easy. You should configure tomcat to serve your pages
via (HTTPS): this means that any data, including credentials, going from/to
the server and client will be encrypted.

 If you don't need or don't want to use HTTPS, there are other ways for
authentication like, for example, NTLM. (see jcifs project)

 Hope this helps,
 Miguel Figueiredo