Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by "Mattheis, Erik W." <Er...@espn.com> on 2009/03/10 23:28:03 UTC

ACL Tutorial

Is there a guide to using the ACL features in 1.5? I've started digging into the extension points and it seems pretty straightforward, but I'm not clear on the default behavior. I'm using JBoss with a custom JAAS LoginModule that authenticates users against our corporate directory and fetches their roles. We use this loginmodule for existing web and ejb applications so I know the standard role-based security works. It looks like I can set the appropriate JAAS name in the repository configuration and my roles will be available to Jackrabbit. The part I'm fuzzy on is how to map roles to read/write permissions at the node level. Any help is greatly appreciated...

Re: ACL Tutorial

Posted by Angela Schreiber <an...@day.com>.
Mattheis, Erik W. wrote:
> Is there a guide to using the ACL features in 1.5?

the only thing that is available is the latest public
draft of jsr283. that will give you an idea of the
overall direction.

for the jackrabbit specific impl and extension
points you have to take a look at the configuration
options, the code and a couple of things that
have been summarized on the user/dev list.

regards
angela