Posted to jdo-dev@db.apache.org by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM> on 2008/01/25 18:12:55 UTC

[VOTE] Change signature of new method evictAll

We have a method new for JDO 2.1 in PersistenceManager and
DataStoreCache evictAll(Class cls, boolean subclasses). This pattern
would make it awkward to add a method evictAll(Class... classes,
boolean subclasses) if we decide it's valuable.

Would it make sense to change the signature to evictAll(boolean
subclasses, Class cls) now to avoid the issue later? It's a trivial
change now but a deprecation issue later.

+1 make the change now
-1 don't change (why?)

The vote will close Jan 28.

Craig
Craig Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!

Re: [VOTE] Change signature of new method evictAll

Posted by Awais Bajwa <aw...@gmail.com>.
+1 make the change now. No harm.

Awais Bajwa

Posted by Andy Jefferson <an...@jpox.org>.
> We're really close to the end of 2.1 and I'd like to make the change
> now to deprecate the (Object, boolean) forms of the methods and
> introduce the (boolean, Object) forms in DataStoreCache.

+1
FYI: JPOX SVN has these new methods.

--
Andy  (Java Persistent Objects - http://www.jpox.org)

Re: [VOTE] Change signature of new method evictAll

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.

Posted by Michael Bouschen <mb...@spree.de>.
Hi Craig,