Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Paco Avila <pa...@git.es> on 2008/03/04 19:53:45 UTC

Repository migration

Actually I have a "little" problem with my repository. There is new
features in our application that need some repository changes (new
properties in some custom nodes). So I need to program a migration
utility.

The migration utility works fine, but actually it only migrate the last
document version (our application is an Document Management System). I'm
trying to migrate the whole document version but there is one problem:
the version date is set when I perform the migration and I need to
preserve the original version date.

Any tip?

--
Paco Avila <pa...@git.es>
GIT Consultors

Re: Repository migration

Posted by Ivan Latysh <iv...@gmail.com>.
Paco Avila wrote:

>> If it is a one time thing, try http://sourceforge.net/projects/jcr-backup to
>> back-up the repository, update XML file and restore it back again.
>>
>> P.S. Project don't have yet much documentation, but we are working on it.
>
> Does this backup preserve node UUIDs?
Yes it does, and it preserve node versions as well.

--
Ivan Latysh
IvanLatysh@gmail.com

Re: Repository migration

Posted by Paco Avila <pa...@git.es>.

Re: Repository migration

Posted by Paco Avila <pa...@git.es>.
El mar, 04-03-2008 a las 14:06 -0500, Ivan Latysh escribió:
> Paco Avila wrote:
>
> > Actually I have a "little" problem with my repository. There is new
> > features in our application that need some repository changes (new
> > properties in some custom nodes). So I need to program a migration
> > utility.
>
> If it is a one time thing, try http://sourceforge.net/projects/jcr-backup to
> back-up the repository, update XML file and restore it back again.
>
> P.S. Project don't have yet much documentation, but we are working on it.

And does it perform backup/restore of node version history?
--
Paco Avila <pa...@git.es>
GIT Consultors

Re: Repository migration