Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Leon Vermaak <lv...@rogers.com> on 2002/03/14 00:57:25 UTC

http://localhost:8080 on IE does not work, but does on Netscape?

I have Windows2000 platform. I have checked HOSTS file and it is in order. I have Tomcat running as a service. I at first had only tomcat Internet Explorer installed and tried testing it with http://localhost:8080 and it was not working so after a lot of head scratching I tried Netscape and it works. IE will only work when I enter IP address http://255.255.255.255:8080 ? please any help would be appreciated because I don't understand why this is happening?

Re: http://localhost:8080 on IE does not work, but does on Netscape?

Posted by James <ja...@webfocus.com>.
Have you checked.

IE
   Tools
     Internet Options
       Connections Tab
         Lan Settings Option
           Check the Proxy Server Setting is it Check or not?
           Also Click on Advance and make sure nothing is set in there.
Give that a try and see if that helps,