Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by Gregg Horan <Gr...@dealer.com> on 2010/06/22 23:30:47 UTC

Version differences - which to focus on for implementation

I've been trying to get my bearings and start trying to setup shindig
with my handler implementations etc.

I'm struggling a little on which version (from source) I should be
using for a new implementation :
-1.1 beta5: I'm running into issues building.  I found patches that
address some of the problems (guice jmx jar)... but not done, and not
sure how many I have to go.
-Latest Trunk: it looks like it's in process of being refactored (at
least the container - gadgets.js doesn't exist anymore - shindig-
container now?) and none of the samples I tried work anymore.

Can anyone recommend which to focus on?  Is the core of the trunk
version in good shape, just the samples and docs haven't been
completed?  Or would it be better to just apply patches to 1.1b5 (and
is there a good list of recommended patches?).

Thanks

Re: Version differences - which to focus on for implementation

Posted by Gagandeep singh <ga...@gmail.com>.
Hi

> I've been trying to get my bearings and start trying to setup shindig with
> my handler implementations etc.
>
> I'm struggling a little on which version (from source) I should be using
> for a new implementation :
> -1.1 beta5: I'm running into issues building.  I found patches that address
> some of the problems (guice jmx jar)... but not done, and not sure how many
> I have to go.
> -Latest Trunk: it looks like it's in process of being refactored (at least
> the container - gadgets.js doesn't exist anymore - shindig-container now?)
> and none of the samples I tried work anymore.
>
> Can anyone recommend which to focus on?  Is the core of the trunk version
> in good shape, just the samples and docs haven't been completed?  Or would
> it be better to just apply patches to 1.1b5 (and is there a good list of
> recommended patches?).

I have been adding some functionality to current head and it seems to work
awesomely well for me with Intellij. I sometimes have random build failures
but those are easy to identify and comment out :)

Don't know what functionality you want. Proxy, Concat, Ifr and Accel
servlets seem to work fine in latest trunk.

> Thanks

Thanks
Gagan