Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by David E Jones <da...@hotwaxmedia.com> on 2008/12/09 04:44:53 UTC

Opinions on the invoice detail page

I'm just reviewing some things, some of which I haven't looked at for
a while.

One that I find has some design and implementation issues is the
invoice overview page in accounting:

https://demo.hotwaxmedia.com/accounting/control/invoiceOverview?invoiceId=CI2

So, I have some complaints:

1. there is a lot of information in the page, meaning scrolling is
required a lot
2. the pagination for one section messes up other sections

Why not split the page into tabs like nearly everything else?

-David

Re: Opinions on the invoice detail page

Posted by David E Jones <da...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
On Dec 9, 2008, at 3:49 AM, Bilgin Ibryam wrote:

> Inline
> On Dec 9, 2008, at 5:44 AM, David E Jones wrote:
>

>> I'm just reviewing some things, some of which I haven't looked at
>> for a while.
>>
>> One that I find has some design and implementation issues is the
>> invoice overview page in accounting:
>>
>> https://demo.hotwaxmedia.com/accounting/control/invoiceOverview?invoiceId=CI2
>>
>> So, I have some complaints:
>>
>> 1. there is a lot of information in the page, meaning scrolling is
>> required a lot
> I think this page is like order view, or party profile view pages,
> so you can see the complete information for an invoice in one page.

Yes, I see the point in that. If that is the direction then I'd say we
go all the way in that direction, ie not do pagination for any
section, and just perhaps have expand/collapse for certain sections
(perhaps with the GL postings section collapsed by default).

>> 2. the pagination for one section messes up other sections
>
> I have created a patch for it in OFBIZ-1935, but not sure if is it
> good idea to add pagination specific methods in modelWidget class.

The widgets are being modified to support pagination, so as long as
the design is straightforward to understand and use then yeah...

Posted by Bilgin Ibryam <bi...@iguanait.com>.
Inline
On Dec 9, 2008, at 5:44 AM, David E Jones wrote:

> I'm just reviewing some things, some of which I haven't looked at
> for a while.
>
> One that I find has some design and implementation issues is the
> invoice overview page in accounting:
>
> https://demo.hotwaxmedia.com/accounting/control/invoiceOverview?invoiceId=CI2
>
> So, I have some complaints:
>
> 1. there is a lot of information in the page, meaning scrolling is
> required a lot
I think this page is like order view, or party profile view pages, so
you can see the complete information for an invoice in one page.

> 2. the pagination for one section messes up other sections

I have created a patch for it in OFBIZ-1935, but not sure if is it
good idea to add pagination specific methods in modelWidget class.

Bilgin

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
as a side note; not specifically the invoice page but the url
I clicked on it.
I got the login dialog
it then in read letters told me I had not put in a usr or paswd.
re put the those.
the url was
https://demo.hotwaxmedia.com/accounting/control/login?invoiceId=CI2
I then clicked ok and got the
create new but the rest was
 org.ofbiz.widget.screen.ScreenRenderException: Error rendering screen
[component://common/widget/CommonScreens.xml#GlobalDecorator]:
javax.el.ELException: Error parsing '${uiLabelMap.}': syntax error at
position 13, encountered '}', expected  (Error parsing '${uiLabelMap.}':
syntax error at position 13, encountered '}', expected )

this type of login problem where it says there is not userid or pswd is
something I have experienced lately. We had this once before and it got
fixed.

David E Jones sent the following on 12/8/2008 7:44 PM:

Posted by Hans Bakker <ma...@antwebsystems.com>.
David,

there is a difference between 'overview' pages and maintenance pages. In
general an overview page like the one you mentioned on invoice should
only show a overview of the total invoice and maintenenace pages use the
tabs and allow you to update.

Yes you sometimes have to scroll but at least you have an overview
without clicking tab buttons.

If the status changes so the user cannot change the info anymore at
least he can see the overview and the buttons disappear.

The scrolling is a problem yes, but recently there was an update with
allows for independent scrolling of screenlets on one page.....it wasn't
yet implemented on this page.

Hans.

--
Antwebsystems.com: Quality OFBiz services for competitive prices