Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by Isuru Haththotuwa <is...@apache.org> on 2014/11/09 19:03:17 UTC

Reduce the Verbosity of Logging

Hi Devs,

I think we need to $subject, specially in the messaging component. In
single JVM, since we have only one Topology model, and three sets of
updaters, there are multiple logs indicating that Topology has already been
updated.

For an example when a service created, there will be multiple level logs
saying the service has been already created, since there are three threads
updating the topology. IMO, after the initial successful update to
topology, we can use debug logs to indicate that the service has already
been created.

In general, this will reduce the number of default log lines and thus will
reduce the difficulty to analyze the default log.

WDYT?

--
Thanks and Regards,

Isuru H.
+94 716 358 048* <http://wso2.com/>*

Re: Reduce the Verbosity of Logging

Posted by Reka Thirunavukkarasu <re...@wso2.com>.
+1 for doing this..This will help debugging issues specially with composite
application, since multiple clusters associated with an application, the
flow cannot be predicted using the logs since logs include publisher as
well as subscriber for the single JVM.

--
Reka Thirunavukkarasu
Senior Software Engineer,

Re: Reduce the Verbosity of Logging

Posted by Isuru Haththotuwa <is...@apache.org>.
Created [1] to track this, and did some initial changes.

[1]. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STRATOS-962

Posted by Isuru Perera <is...@wso2.com>.

--
Isuru Perera

Posted by Chamila De Alwis <ch...@wso2.com>.
+1

However when reducing log entries IMO it should be taken in to
consideration if the particular log entries are actually redundant or if
they are representing unique code paths, which can help in initial
"debugging" itself.

Regards,
Chamila de Alwis
Software Engineer | WSO2 | +94772207163