Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Hector Correa <hc...@yahoo.com> on 2001/11/09 01:02:42 UTC

Restoring data into SoapMapper string failed

Hello all.

I�m writing a Java program using Apache Soap 2.2 and
trying to connect to a MSSOAP service. I'm getting the
following error when executing the call.

fault string SoapMapper: Restoring data into
SoapMapper string failed.

The method I'm calling returns an XML file that
contains several rows of information.
Here is sample of the code I'm using to execute the
call.

String personId = "5436";
URL url = new URL("http://des/bi/des.asp");
SOAPMappingRegistry smr = new SOAPMappingRegistry();
StringDeserializer sd = new StringDeserializer();
smr.mapTypes(Constants.NS_URI_SOAP_ENC, new QName("",
"Result"), null, null, sd);
	SOAPHTTPConnection st = new SOAPHTTPConnection();

// build the call
Call call = new Call();
call.setSOAPTransport(st);
call.setSOAPMappingRegistry(smr);

call.setTargetObjectURI("http://tempuri.org/message/");
call.setMethodName("GetStatus");
call.setEncodingStyleURI(Constants.NS_URI_SOAP_ENC);
Vector params = new Vector();
params.addElement(new Parameter("PersoId",
String.class, personId, null));
call.setParams(params);
Response resp = null;
resp = call.invoke(url,
"http://tempuri.org/action/Soap_CPersonas.GetStatus");

I can call another method in the same service that
returns an xml file and I have no problems with it but
this method is giving me a hard time. If someone has
any idea of what can be wrong, I'm open to
suggestions. Unfortunately I can not provide details
about the VB code because I'm not the owner but any
insights are helpful.

Hector Correa

Find a job, post your resume.
http://careers.yahoo.com