Posted to user@pig.apache.org by Sai Sai <sa...@yahoo.in> on 2013/05/29 08:06:38 UTC

Hadoop based product recomendations.

Just wondering if anyone would have any suggestions.
We r a bunch of developers on bench for a few months trained on Hadoop but do not have any projects to work.
We would like to develop a Hadoop/Hive/Pig based product for our company so we can be of value to the company and not be scared of lay offs. We r wondering if anyone could share any ideas of any product that we can develop and be of value to our company rather than just hoping we would get any projects to work. Any help/suggestions/direction will be really appreciated.
Thanks,
Sai

Re: Hadoop based product recomendations.

Posted by Suhas Satish <su...@gmail.com>.
Try to work on some of the Pig unresolved JIRAs and find fixes/patches for
them. That will help the open source community greatly as well as give you
a solid selling point on your resume and instant recognition in the open
source world.

Cheers,
Suhas.