Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Tobias Jonch <jo...@gmail.com> on 2007/11/17 18:20:25 UTC

Missing build.xml file

Hello,

I've just downloaded and apparently successfully installed the binary for
Apache Ant, but I don't have a build.xml file.

Looking through the package, I did find a build.xml file, but it was in a
compressed archieve to do with some tutorial. I figure that's not the one I
want, even if it works.

Running with diagnostics, the only thing that stands out, to me, is
that four dependensies are missing under Task Availability (image, sshexec,
scp and jdepend). I figure I'm not quite at a stage where those are
necessary though.

I've been looking through the manual, home page FAQs and the mailing list
archieves, but I've found noone with a similar problem per see. I guess it's
a trivial problem, but I just can't figure out why the hell such an
important file would be missing.

The only thing I did out of order, so to say, was not to verify the files I
downloaded - could I really be missing a file due to faulty protocol or some
such deal?

Thanks in advance,
Tobias

Re: Missing build.xml file

Posted by Tobias Jonch <jo...@gmail.com>.

> *You* are supposed to write the build.xml file for your project. --DD

Doh!
rofl, I thought it would bring up some menu or make commands available and
such.

Thanks for not laughing too hard at me ;-)

Tobias

Re: Missing build.xml file

Posted by Dominique Devienne <dd...@gmail.com>.