Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Rohit Yadav <bh...@apache.org> on 2013/04/18 19:51:02 UTC

Re: DevCloud

On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 10:17 PM, Aaron Paradowski
<aa...@paradowski.co.uk>wrote:

> Hi Rohit,****
>
> ** **
>
> I’m having some problems deploying DevCloud2 and wonder if you could help
> please. So far I have done the following****
>
> ** **
>
> **1.       **Downloaded and imported the DevCloud2 image into VirtualBox
> – ensured network settings were correct etc.****
>
> **2.       **Used PuTTY to SSH to the machine at 192.168.56.10 and logged
> in with root and password for username and password****
>
> **3.       **cd to /opt/cloudstack****
>
> **4.       **git cloned into the source code for incubator cloudstack****
>
> **5.       **once that had completed I cd’d to the incubator-cloudstack
> directory****
>
> **6.       **Ran mvn clean install –P developer,systemvm****
>
> **7.       **Changedthe host value in devcloud.sql to 192.168.56.10 as I
> want everything to run inside this one VM****
>
> **8.       **Ran mvn –pl developer,tools/devloud –Deploydb –P developer

Hi Aaron,

The best way is to reach to the whole community and cc any particular
person whose attention you may be seeking.

1-8: So far so good, ignoring the -Ddeploydb typo.

> ****
>
> 9.       Then ran mvn-pl client jetty:run and this is where everything
> goes wrong. It hangs on the below screen for ages then it goes through lots
> of warnings and errors such as “WARN [apache.cloudstack.alerts] (HA-3:)
> alertType:: 13” – I left it for 19 hours overnight last night and those
> types of errors just kept going round in cycles?

Looks like CloudStack issue? Did you try exporting maven opts, checkout the
building on master on cwiki.apache.org / cloudstack and try again?

If you're just able to login inside DevCloud2 and run something like xe
vm-list and it outputs something we're good at least from DevCloud's side :)

Anyone from community?

Cheers.

Re: DevCloud

Posted by Ahmad Emneina <ae...@gmail.com>.
Hey Aaron, the mailserver strips attachments. You'll need to use an
external image hosting provider to convey images.

RE: DevCloud

Posted by Aaron Paradowski <aa...@paradowski.co.uk>.
Hi All,

Updated screenshot of what happens once the "Notifying management server join event took 56ms" proceeds. This is where it just goes displays these types of messages continuously. It went for 19 hours before I stopped it last time.

I tried again. This time between steps 8 and 9 I ran the following command

export MAVEN_OPTS="-Xmx1024m -XX:MaxPermSize=800m -Xdebug -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,address=8787,server=y,suspend=n"

It still hung again after running the mvn-pl client jetty:run command - see below. The command is still running so I am unable to do anything else unless I cancel it. Any ideas? Thanks in advance for your help again.

[cid:image003.png@01CE3C7A.EF547790]

Aaron

Looks like CloudStack issue? Did you try exporting maven opts, checkout the building on master on cwiki.apache.org<http://cwiki.apache.org> / cloudstack and try again?

RE: DevCloud

Posted by Aaron Paradowski <aa...@paradowski.co.uk>.
Hi,

I tried again. This time between steps 8 and 9 I ran the following command

export MAVEN_OPTS="-Xmx1024m -XX:MaxPermSize=800m -Xdebug -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,address=8787,server=y,suspend=n"

It still hung again after running the mvn-pl client jetty:run command - see below. The command is still running so I am unable to do anything else unless I cancel it. Any ideas? Thanks in advance for your help again.

[cid:image001.png@01CE3C6D.59D90620]

Aaron

Re: DevCloud

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.
Good point ... that is exactly what I had to do, as well.

--
*Mike Tutkowski*
e: mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com
o: 303.746.7302