Posted to general@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Clay Leeds <th...@gmail.com> on 2021/02/05 14:57:20 UTC

[DRAFT] XML Graphics Board Report for February 2021

Hi folks,

Here's the [DRAFT] XML Graphics Board Report for February 2021.

Please adjust as you see fit. ;-)

Thanks for being there everyone! You are much appreciated!

Clay

Apache XML Graphics Project Board Report
==================================

The Apache XML Graphics Project is responsible for software intended for the
creation & maintenance of the conversion of XML formats to graphical output &
related software components.

ISSUES FOR THE BOARD
=====================

No issues at present.

ACTIVITY
========
* Apache Batik 1.14 released 2021-01-21
* Apache FOP 2.6 released 2021-01-21
* Apache XML Graphics Commons 2.6 released 2021-01-21

PROJECT HEALTH REPORT
=======================

The level of community and developer activity remains at a consistent,
moderate, level with respect to the previous reporting period.

RECENT PMC CHANGES
==================

Currently 11 PMC members.

* Simon Steiner was added to the PMC on Tue Jan 19 2016
  * Simon ABSOLUTELY ROCKS IT!
* Clay Leeds was approved for XML Graphics PMC Chair position on March 26,
  2018.

Committers
==========

Currently 21 committers.

* No new committers added in the last 3 months
* Last committer added was Matthias Reischenbacher at Wed May 13 2015

Most Recent Releases
====================

* Apache Batik 1.14 was released January 21, 2021
* Apache FOP 2.6 was released January 21, 2021
* Apache XML Graphics Commons 2.6 was released January 21, 2021

= SUB PROJECTS =
================

XML GRAPHICS COMMONS
====================

Community activity was light, although there were a few bugs resolved.

New Release?
------------

* Apache XML Graphics Commons 2.6 was released January 21, 2021

Latest Release
--------------

XML Graphics Commons 2.6 was released on January 21, 2021

FOP
===

* Apache FOP 2.6 was released January 21, 2021

Newest Release?
---------------

* Support OTF/TTF SVG fonts
* Allow overpaint of PDF border
* Bug fixes

Latest Release
--------------

Apache XML Graphics FOP 2.6 was released on January 21, 2021

BATIK
=====

* Apache Batik 1.14 was released January 21, 2021

New Release?
------------

Apache XML Graphics Apache Batik 1.14 was released on January 21, 2021
* BATIK-1292: Useless console message "About to transcoder source of type: ..."
* BATIK-1297: Dependency Convergence issue with xml-apis

Latest Release
--------------

Apache XML Graphics Apache Batik 1.14 was released on January 21, 2021

Warm regards,

Clay

Clay Leeds  -  the.webmaestro@gmail.com <ma...@gmail.com>
"My religion is simple. My religion is kindness."
HH the Dalai Lama of Tibet

Re: [DRAFT] XML Graphics Board Report for February 2021

Posted by Clay Leeds <th...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Chris! I submitted it!

Hope you’re well and safe! :-)

Posted by Chris Bowditch <bo...@hotmail.com>.