Posted to user@ambari.apache.org by Samy Doe <sa...@gmail.com> on 2023/03/23 10:35:50 UTC

Successfully compiled Ambari does not install

Hello everyone,
sorry to inconvenience you guys so often :)

I managed to build Ambari successfully and now I am on Step 2 of
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AMBARI/Installation+Guide+for+Ambari+2.7.7

where I just need to install the successfully created deb file.
Unfortunately I get

*root@ambari:~/apache-ambari-2.7.7-src/ambari-server/target# sudo apt-get
install ./ambari-server_2.7.7.0-0-dist.deb Reading package lists...
DoneBuilding dependency tree... DoneReading state information... DoneNote,
selecting 'ambari-server' instead of
'./ambari-server_2.7.7.0-0-dist.deb'Some packages could not be installed.
This may mean that you haverequested an impossible situation or if you are
using the unstabledistribution that some required packages have not yet
been createdor been moved out of Incoming.The following information may
help to resolve the situation:The following packages have unmet
dependencies: ambari-server : Depends: python (>= 2.6) but it is not
installableE: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.*

I made sure that python was installed and worked correctly prior to
starting the compiler. The command python points to the latest python2
version:

*root@ambari:~/apache-ambari-2.7.7-src/ambari-server/target# pythonPython
2.7.18 (default, Jul  1 2022, 10:30:50) [GCC 11.2.0] on linux2Type "help",
"copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.>>> *

I added python to the path as well, just in case it wasn't, but that still
does not solve the issue. Due to the compiling I never got any python
errors either.

I have seen this error has been encountered in the past but none of the
vague suggestions I saw worked for me. Can anyone help?

Best Regards,
Samy