Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Kristian Rink <kr...@pm-planc.de> on 2006/02/22 19:19:28 UTC

geronimo, eclipse and javax.ejb?

Hi all,

not sure whether this is a stupid question, but reading across the
Geronimo docs hasn't yet helped me find what I'm looking for. Situation:
I'm trying to get started building a simple EJB application using
Eclipse 3.1, the recent Webtools plugin and Geronimo 1.0. Integrating
Geronimo into Eclipse works well, but whenever I try importing anything
from javax.ejb I'm just told that the package does not exist. Playing
around with the Eclipse project settings I added the openejb jars found
in GERONIMO_HOME/repository/openejb, but that didn't help much.

Am I missing something important? Do I have to download openejb or any
other libraries besides Geronimo to get things working with Eclipse?

TIA and best regards,
Kris

--
Kristian Rink   -- Programmierung/Systembetreuung
planConnect GmbH * Strehlener Str. 12 - 14 * 01069 Dresden

Re: geronimo, eclipse and javax.ejb?

Posted by Sachin Patel <sp...@gmail.com>.
can you paste me the .classpath from your ejbproject?

- sachin

Posted by Sachin Patel <sp...@gmail.com>.
There will be one shortly.

- sachin

Posted by Sachin Patel <sp...@gmail.com>.
Open your ejb-jar.xml, touch it, hit save.
- sachin

Posted by Kristian Rink <kr...@pm-planc.de>.
Hi Sachin;

Posted by Sachin Patel <sp...@gmail.com>.
Great! As far as the ejb-jar.xml validation error, as soon as you
create an ejb, via xdoclet or whatever the error should go away.  But
I agree with you, after project creation, it looks kinda annoying to

Posted by Kristian Rink <kr...@pm-planc.de>.
Hi Sachin;

Posted by Sachin Patel <sp...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kristian Rink <kr...@pm-planc.de>.
Hi Sachin;

Posted by Sachin Patel <sp...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kristian Rink <kr...@pm-planc.de>.
Hi Sachin;

Posted by Sachin Patel <sp...@gmail.com>.
Right, you should be able to install via the "Don't see your servers
listed", in 1.0.1 builds.  This doesn't work in 1.0.  So
alternatively what you can do is

Posted by Kristian Rink <kr...@pm-planc.de>.
Hi Sachin;

Posted by Sachin Patel <sp...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sachin Patel <sp...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kristian Rink <kr...@pm-planc.de>.
Hi Sachin;

Posted by Sachin Patel <sp...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kristian Rink <kr...@pm-planc.de>.

Posted by Sachin Patel <sp...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kristian Rink <kr...@pm-planc.de>.
Hi Sachin;

Posted by Sachin Patel <sp...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Can you verify that the target runtime got added to your project?
 From the J2EE Navigator View, expand EJB Projects, expand your
project, and you should see a classpath container called Apache
Geronimo 1.0, expand that and you should see a list of jars.

If not, then you may not have created the runtime correctly.  From
preferences you can validate the location of your runtime.  Does
location point to your geronimo installation?
- sachin

Posted by Kristian Rink <kr...@pm-planc.de>.
Hello Sachin, David, world;

Posted by Sachin Patel <sp...@gmail.com>.

Posted by David Carew <dc...@gmail.com>.
In Eclipse you have to go to Window->Preferences->Server and then select
Installed Runtimes. Add an instance of the Geronimo Runtime and then when
you create your projects (EJB, Web etc) select the newly added runtime as
the Target Runtime. This will automatically add the required J2EE classes to
the project's build path.