Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2014/10/22 16:59:12 UTC

Checked in failling flexmojos-with-falcon modules

Hi,

I just committed all the projects currently failing in the flexmojos testsuite when using falcon instead of the default compiler. The tests are in the "feature/flexmojos" branch.

While a lot of tests are failing because of unsupported compiler options such as advancedTelemetry or ASDoc generation. One test completely locks up the compiler and some result in Errors.

Debugging them should be easy, especially if you have IntelliJ Utlimate at hands. What you do need however is a mavenized 4.13 FDK as well as access to the Sonatype and Apache Snapshot repositories.

If you have this, simply by setting a breakpoint in the compiler should let you debug the problems (At least this is how I always do it)

About 50% of the tests are succeeding, more than 50% of the failing tests are because of missing ASDoc, missing advancedTelemetry support or seem to be failing because the maven build seems to be running fine, but some other condition the Unit Test checks is not met (I have commented all of these out for now).

It would be great, if the one or the other could check this and help sort out the problems. Certainly this would greatly speed up the time to which we could start actually working with Falcon from Maven.

Chris

AW: Checked in failling flexmojos-with-falcon modules

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Ok ... so before anyone starts yelling at me because of license stuff ...

I removed my branch from the Apache repo and created a FlexMojos branch :-)
https://github.com/chrisdutz/flexmojos/tree/feature/falcon

Chris

Re: Final list of issues when running the Flexmojos testsuite with Falcon

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
Hi Chris,

Great work, thanks for the list.

-Alex

AW: Final list of issues when running the Flexmojos testsuite with Falcon

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
And I just added the Apache Headers to my test-files ...
they're now all in the falcon repository under my "feature/flexmojos-tests" branch in the Apache repo.

Hope this will help the problems get sorted out sooner.

By the way ... I found a Problem in ScopeStackUnderflowProblem which seemed to have a wrong error message referencing Operand Stack underflow errors instead of Stack Underflows.

Chris

Ok today I have investigated more problems and added test-cases for them:
- Usage of mx:Repeater causes "operand stack underflow errors".
- Annotating an Interface with "Bindable" will cause problems.

Chris

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Hi Alex,

while I haven't done any performance tests yet it is still my impression that Falcon is quite a bit faster, but as long as 40% of the tests don't seem to be providing useable results, it's too early to be happy about that. Don't know if the fixes to the remaining problems would slow things down.

I found some more problem Areas:
- It seems to be impossible to build MXML based Modules, while AS base Modules compile nicely MXML ones don't and it doesn't matter if they are based upon Spark or MX Module.
- If someone uses a CSS with styles without a namespace, Falcon dies of a NullPointerException
- If I have an Application that uses a generated source class, the compiler seems to finish without complaining, but when executing the resulting SWF the flashplayer claims that for example the generated class is trying to reference an unknown function (One which is definitely part of Object).

While some of the problems seem to be related with compiling really old flex 2 and flex 3 applications, some things however are real problems.

I added a sub-folder to my flexmojos Falcon testsuite in which I manually created some tiny projects that reproduce the errors I identified in the official testsuite (https://github.com/chrisdutz/flexmojos/tree/feature/falcon/test/flexmojos-tests/identified-problems).  I will be able to place these in the Apache repo, but I'm still working through the failled tests to find out what's going wrong. And I'll continue spotting the problems. It would be great if someone could have a look the how to fix them, doing both is a really huge task.

Chris

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,