Posted to dev@isis.apache.org by Vangjel Stavro <va...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/03 19:14:12 UTC

Re: Creating a project with Isis?

Hi

I am having the same problem as Iain. This happened to me just after
updating from the svn repository. I go to my run configurations and when I
select the one I want to run the "classpath" tab has an error sign. I go
there and there are no Bootstrap entries or User entries. So could you
please tell me what to include in there so I can get the application to run?

Thanks,
Vango

Re: Creating a project with Isis?

Posted by Vangjel Stavro <va...@gmail.com>.
Solved it,

The importing part was correct.
The problem was that I was trying to run from
support.quickstart.restful-viewer. I didn't know that the working launch
file had moved.
I tried to run from the examples.apps.claims and it works fine :)

Thanks Dan! ;)

Re: Creating a project with Isis?

Posted by Dan Haywood <dk...@gmail.com>.
Hi Vangjel
Am I right that you are trying to load the quickstart app and not seeing
anything?  If so, that's because I reworked the quickstart app in order
that it can be used to reverse engineer the archetype.

What was previously called support/prototype, with the 4-class claims
application, has now moved to examples/apps/claims.  This should work as
previously; import using Advanced>Name Template=[groupId]:[artifactId],
and the .launch files will tie up with names in the .project files.

The support/prototype itself is no more, and has been replaced by
support/quickstart.

The support/quickstart is a new, very simple 1-class domain (ToDoItem),
BUT, when importing it you should NOT use the Advanced>Name Template;
instead just import with the defaults.  See [1] for a further explanation.

Let me know how you get on.

Cheers
Dan

[1]