Posted to dev@jmeter.apache.org by UBIK LOAD PACK Support <su...@ubikloadpack.com> on 2018/03/30 15:15:30 UTC

TestAction: Change its name to make it more meaningful

Hello,

TestAction in JMeter is a very useful element but its name is misleading or
not clear at all.

Currently it allows:

   - Pausing
   - Stopping Test
   - Stopping Test immediately
   - Switching to next thread loop iteration
   - We'll soon propose a patch to add:
      - Switch to next iteration of current loop : : It will be equivalent
      of "continue" in the the first parent loop that contains it
      - Break current loop : It will break the first parent loop that
      contains it, equivalent of "break" in algorithm

When we provide training or discuss with JMeter beginners, TestAction is
usually understood as something to debug or "test", and nobody thinks that
is allows all this.

Shouldn't it be renamed to something like:

   - Test Logic Action
   - Logical Action
   - Test Logical Action
   - Test Execution Modifier

Regards
UbikLoadPack Support Team
<http://twitter.com/ubikloadpack>

Re: TestAction: Change its name to make it more meaningful

Posted by Maxime Chassagneux <mc...@apache.org>.
+1 too

Posted by Antonio Gomes Rodrigues <ra...@gmail.com>.
+1