Posted to soap-dev@ws.apache.org by Bhushan Khanal <bh...@wrq.com> on 2002/07/19 03:53:09 UTC

QName problem

Hi folks,

Should the localpart of the QName contain the name space alias. For example
if my incoming soap message looks like ...

<soap:Envelope xmlns:soap=\"http://abc" soap:encodingStyle="def">
   <soap:Body>
     <m:setName xmlns:m="http://www.s.com/">
        <m:name>My name is Shanker Acharya</m:name>
     </m:setName>
   </soap:Body>
</soap:Envelope>

When unmarshalling the parameter of the SOAP message, I am finding that the
localpart of my qName contains the string "m:name". Is this correct? This is
causing the XMLJAvaMapRegistry.queryDeserializer_() to fail because the key
("http://www.s.com/m:name + def" ) does not match the key used to create the
TypeMapping ("http://www.s.com/name + def" ).

Is this a bug on the parser? Am I doing any thing wrong? Any help much
appreciated.

Bhushan Khanal
WRQ, Inc.
206.217.7636
bhushank@wrq.com

WRQ has 21 years of experience providing integration software and services
for host-intensive environments. To learn more about our Reflection and
Verastream products, visit http://www.wrq.com/products/.

Re: QName problem

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.
Per my other message, I believe Apache SOAP is not handling the element name
correctly.  I will also note that this would not be an issue if your SOAP
request including an xsi:type attribute for the m:name element.  Generally
speaking, including xsi:type will make interop as simple as possible.

Scott Nichol

Re: QName problem