Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Brian K. Buckley" <bb...@surfglobal.net> on 2001/09/24 18:09:31 UTC

how to capture html

Is there a good way to capture the output from a snippet of jsp into a
String variable that can be reused multiple times in a page?

- Brian

As a simple example, if one needed to have the line:

property='name'/></td></tr>

appear in several places, how can one set a String namerow so that the line
can be redisplayed by saying <%=namerow%> instead of repeating the whole
snippet?  Note that the snippet includes a custom tag.

Re: how to capture html

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.
You might want to try this one on the JSP list. The archives are also
quite extensive.

http://archives.java.sun.com/archives/jsp-interest.html

-- Tel +1 716 737-3463
-- http://www.husted.com/about/struts/

Re: Struts with SilverStream

Posted by Graham King <gr...@gointernet.co.uk>.
  Wolfgang,

  I haven't done it myself, but I know that in Silverstream 3.7.1 the
SilverBooks demo has been re-written to use Struts, and I believe Struts
has some strong supporters within Silverstream. Try looking for info on
http://devcenter.silverstream.com, or try the newsgroups from
news.silverstream.com.

  Hope this helps,
  Graham.

Posted by Joey Gibson <jo...@joeygibson.com>.
On Tue, 02 Oct 2001 10:19:20 +0200, Wolfgang Frank <wo...@bms.com>
wrote:

||| Hi there,
||| does anybody have experienece how to integrate STRUTS in the SilverStream J2EE
||| Server?
||| I uploaded my struts WAR ... i can see the jsp if i directly link up to them but
||| i get an
||| "bad request error" when i call an action. The same application ran without
||| failure on tomcat ...

	Did you create a deployment plan and then use 'silvercmd deploywar' to
deploy it? What are you using for a URL to try to hit the jsp? I have
deployed some struts apps with SS 3.7.1 and while it was tedious, it wasn't
a problem. Give me a bit more info on how you deployed and what exactly
happened, and perhaps we can figure it out.

Joey

-- Sun Certified Java2 Programmer
-- My Pocket Smalltalk Stuff: www.joeygibson.com/st
--
-- "We thought about killin' him, but we kinda
--  hated to go that far...." - Briscoe Darling

Struts with SilverStream

Re: how to capture html

Posted by Gregor Rayman <gr...@gmx.net>.
"Brian K. Buckley" <bb...@surfglobal.net> wrote:

> Is there a good way to capture the output from a snippet of jsp into a
> String variable that can be reused multiple times in a page?
>
> - Brian
>
> As a simple example, if one needed to have the line:

> property='name'/></td></tr>
>
> appear in several places, how can one set a String namerow so that the line
> can be redisplayed by saying <%=namerow%> instead of repeating the whole
> snippet?  Note that the snippet includes a custom tag.

Not really. The only way I know, is to enclose the snippet into a method
with a variable called "out". HTML in JSP will be translated into

out.print("....");

--
gR

Re: how to capture html

Posted by John Raley <jo...@moonlight.com>.
This might be useful:

http://www.mail-archive.com/struts-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg14326.html

Re: how to capture html

Posted by Matt Raible <ma...@yahoo.com>.
<%
BodyContent bc = pageContext.pushBody();
%>
property='name'/></td></tr>
<%
String namerow = bc.getString();