Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Ulrich Mayring <ul...@denic.de> on 2001/02/01 17:29:12 UTC

Yet another 1.8.2 problem

Hi folks,

since upgrading to 1.8.2 I get this:

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Already called getWriter
        at
org.apache.jserv.JServConnection.getOutputStream(JServConnection.java:1326)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.response.HttpServletResponseFacade.getOutputStream(HttpServletResponseFacade.java:85)
        at org.apache.cocoon.Engine.handle(Engine.java:483)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:588)
        at
org.apache.jserv.JServConnection.processRequest(JServConnection.java:314)
        at
org.apache.jserv.JServConnection.run(JServConnection.java:188)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

Probably because of the following code in my SOAP taglib:

PrintWriter _soap_out = new PrintWriter(response.getWriter());
_soap_out.print(_soap_value);

This I do when the SOAP service returns a PDF instead of XML,
_soap_value contains the PDF code. How do I have to write this in 1.8.2?

It seems only simple applications survive the upgrade from 1.8 to 1.8.2

cheers,

Ulrich

--
Ulrich Mayring