Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com> on 2003/01/06 22:47:25 UTC

[lang] Unit Tests Also: [lang][patch] New submission: FastDateFormat, FastDateFormatTest

You seem to use assertFalse and assertNotSame, which I think are JUnit
3.8.1 functions and not 3.7. [I'm a little unsure, as I think the
junit-3.7.jar on my machine is actually a junit-3.8.1.jar due to some
screwup].

Against 3.8.1, these tests run fine. Against 3.7 they don't. Anyone got a
reason not to update to 3.8.1?

Lang also doesn't pass its enum/ tests at the moment. It's a serialization
error:

1) testOperationSerialization(org.apache.commons.lang.enum.EnumTest)java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/commons/lang/enum/OperationEnum$1

Anyone got this in hand? Or able to confirm that this is true?

Hen

Re: [lang] Unit Tests

Posted by Stephen Colebourne <sc...@btopenworld.com>.
From: "Henri Yandell" <ba...@generationjava.com>
> You seem to use assertFalse and assertNotSame, which I think are JUnit
> 3.8.1 functions and not 3.7. [I'm a little unsure, as I think the
> junit-3.7.jar on my machine is actually a junit-3.8.1.jar due to some
> screwup].
>
> Against 3.8.1, these tests run fine. Against 3.7 they don't. Anyone got a
> reason not to update to 3.8.1?
No, we might as well.

> Lang also doesn't pass its enum/ tests at the moment. It's a serialization
> error:
>
> 1)
testOperationSerialization(org.apache.commons.lang.enum.EnumTest)java.lang.N
oClassDefFoundError:
> org/apache/commons/lang/enum/OperationEnum$1
>
> Anyone got this in hand? Or able to confirm that this is true?
I don't see this on my setup (Eclipse, Win98, JDK1.4.1). More info?

Stephen

Re: [lang][patch] new submission: revised FastDateFormatTest

Posted by Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com>.
Tests, works and in.

Hen

Posted by Sean Schofield <ne...@schof.com>.

Re: [lang] Unit Tests Also: [lang][patch] New submission: FastDateFormat, FastDateFormatTest

Posted by Sean Schofield <ne...@schof.com>.
Henri Yandell wrote:

>You seem to use assertFalse and assertNotSame, which I think are JUnit
>3.8.1 functions and not 3.7. [I'm a little unsure, as I think the
>junit-3.7.jar on my machine is actually a junit-3.8.1.jar due to some
>screwup].
>
>Against 3.8.1, these tests run fine. Against 3.7 they don't. Anyone got a
>reason not to update to 3.8.1?

Oops.  I wrote the test cases using JBuilder 8.0 which apparently has
3.8 for JUnit.  I could rewrite these tests to conform to 3.7 or we
could upgrade commons-lang to 3.8.1 as you suggested.  I'm ok with
either option but it might be a good idea to take advantage of the new
junit stuff ....

- sean