Posted to users@tiles.apache.org by Ivan Zucenko <zu...@gmail.com> on 2008/07/09 15:59:48 UTC

Struts2 tiles

Hi I have 2 questions I tried to find solution for two things on the
edge of Struts2/Tiles

1) I have one main layout template for many situations. There is a place
where I want to put or not to put one special component..

example:

    <definition name="index.default" extends="default">
        <put-attribute name="body"
value="/templates/tiles/index/default.jsp"/>
        *<put-attribute name="foot" value="modul/news.jsp"/>*
    </definition>

    <definition name="index.logged" extends="default">
        <put-attribute name="body"
value="/templates/tiles/index/default.jsp"/>
        *<put-attribute name="foot" value="empty.jsp"/>*
    </definition>

  in one definition I need to show somethink in "foot" section
  in most situation nothing.. but do not like to use empty.jsp for
this.. I am sure I misser right solution....

2) how to include instead of value="modul/news.jsp" rather struts action
tag..
not to have modul/news.jsp containing:
<s:action name="modul/news" executeResult="true"/>

but i can understand you may consider too tight coupling with Struts2

Thanks
Ivan

Re: Struts2 tiles

Posted by Ivan Zucenko <zu...@gmail.com>.
Hi  Antonio,
OK, I just may recommend that being able to include none template on
specific position would add some more comfort to Tiles.. since I like to
use tiles.xml for exactly this purpose - to decide where to show or not
show some element.. on certain position..

But thanks anyway..
Ivan

Re: Struts2 tiles

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.