Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Prasi S <pr...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/29 09:35:53 UTC

SolrCloud - Path must not end with / character

Hi ,
I have setup solrcloud with solr 4.4. It has two tomcats with 2 solr
instances ( one in each tomcat).
I  start zookeeper , and run the commands for linking the configuration
files with zookeeper.

After that, when i start tomcat, getting the belwo exception,

*Exception in Overseer main queue loop java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:
Path must not end with / character
*

*Full Trace:*
INFO  - 2013-08-29 12:52:30.368;
org.apache.solr.common.cloud.ZkStateReader; Updating cloud state from
ZooKeeper...
ERROR - 2013-08-29 12:52:30.370;
org.apache.solr.cloud.Overseer$ClusterStateUpdater; Exception in Overseer
main queue loop
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Path must not end with / character
at org.apache.zookeeper.common.PathUtils.validatePath(PathUtils.java:58)
at org.apache.zookeeper.ZooKeeper.getChildren(ZooKeeper.java:1450)
at
org.apache.solr.common.cloud.SolrZkClient$6.execute(SolrZkClient.java:235)
at
org.apache.solr.common.cloud.SolrZkClient$6.execute(SolrZkClient.java:232)
at
org.apache.solr.common.cloud.ZkCmdExecutor.retryOperation(ZkCmdExecutor.java:65)
at
org.apache.solr.common.cloud.SolrZkClient.getChildren(SolrZkClient.java:232)
at org.apache.solr.common.cloud.SolrZkClient.clean(SolrZkClient.java:618)
at
org.apache.solr.cloud.Overseer$ClusterStateUpdater.removeCore(Overseer.java:640)
at
org.apache.solr.cloud.Overseer$ClusterStateUpdater.processMessage(Overseer.java:182)
at org.apache.solr.cloud.Overseer$ClusterStateUpdater.run(Overseer.java:142)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

Thanks,
Prasi

Re: SolrCloud - Path must not end with / character

Posted by Jared Griffith <jg...@picsauditing.com>.
Interesting because I was getting the issue when I was passing the full
path (without the trailing / ) to Tomcat.

Posted by Prasi S <pr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Prasi S <pr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ona <re...@gmail.com>.
I am facing same "Overseer main queue loop .." exception. Removed that bad
node and cleared version-2 folder from Zookeeper. Reinstalling Solr and
Zookeeper using backup copies also fail. Looks information about the node is
stored somewhere on the server cache. Unfortunately, I cannot find any patch
for Solr 4.3 either.

Any suggestion on how to fix this? Our Solr Cloud is being used by many
developers but with the continuous exception in the log will soon make it
unusable.

Thanks.

Re: SolrCloud - Path must not end with / character

Posted by capesonlee <ca...@aliyun.com>.
Hi guys, I just met this problem too. After read the source code, I found
collection1 is missing in the zookeeper configuration. You can solve this
problem by just remove the version-2 folder of zookeeper configration and
init the zookeeper again. Hope this helps.

Re: SolrCloud - Path must not end with / character

Posted by Jared Griffith <jg...@picsauditing.com>.

Posted by Prasi S <pr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Prasi S <pr...@gmail.com>.
Below is the script i run

Posted by Prasi S <pr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com>.
Yeah, you see this when the core could not be created. Check the logs to see if you can find something more useful.