Posted to dev@mahout.apache.org by Dmitriy Lyubimov <dl...@gmail.com> on 2013/11/19 00:43:33 UTC

new wiki page for scala dsl

Hello,

i want to create a new wiki page for scala dsl support for in-core lin
algebra (mostly after my blog).

where do we stand in terms of wiki? are we migrating it somewhere? what's
the best place to start it?

thanks.

Re: new wiki page for scala dsl

Posted by Isabel Drost-Fromm <is...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 20 Nov 2013 14:02:59 -0800
Dmitriy Lyubimov <dl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> interesting. on some pages when i click edit, the staged content doesn't
> correspond to what's being edited. I am guessing because staged is not yet
> published? but how do i change staged if we don't want to publish it?

What you edit is the staged content. This mis-match usually happens to me when either I didn't refresh the page before editing - than some aggressive browser caching shows me content that is already stale.

The other option is that I did just edit the page and click edit again right away. When finished editing - that is you have hit "commit", not only "submit", - it takes a few seconds until Buildr has refreshed, rebuild and pushed to staging. You can watch the build by clicking on the corresponding link on the page that appears after clicking commit.

Isabel

Re: new wiki page for scala dsl

Posted by Dmitriy Lyubimov <dl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dmitriy Lyubimov <dl...@gmail.com>.
thank you. I will try that.

Posted by Isabel Drost-Fromm <is...@apache.org>.

Posted by Isabel Drost-Fromm <is...@apache.org>.

The current state is checked into site/mahout_cms - it's not yet live, but you can check it out (and help with cleanup) over at http://mahout.staging.apache.org/

No need to check out the sources and do your edits online - if you follow

https://cms.apache.org/#bookmark

and in particular

http://www.apache.org/dev/cmsref.html#add-resource for creating new pages you should be all set.

Any help with polishing what's there content-wise is also very welcome. Checkout MAHOUT-1245 for pages I think need a helping hand - most of the edits really are nothing more than a 5min task like fixing links, adding headers and the like - perfect in case your maven build drags on again ;)

Once we are happy we can tell Infra to switch our website from svnpubsub to cms.

Isabel

Re: new wiki page for scala dsl

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.