Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Muhammad Asif <md...@wol.net.pk> on 2005/02/22 13:15:21 UTC

Form bean and variable number of fields

Hi,

I have a form that contains variable number of fields. User can add/remove fields on this form dynamically (using some separate gui). For using a form-bean we need to know number of fields before hand if new fields are added we need to change form-bean definition each time. Is there way to automate this process or any alternate.

Thanks.

Asif

Re: Form bean and variable number of fields

Posted by Tom Ziemer <t....@dkfz-heidelberg.de>.
Hi,

I've had the same problem and used a mapped backed form bean, which
worked really well. Now I am wondering whether it's possible to use the
validator plugin to validate the entries. The only problem is that
a) I don't know what kind of properties and
b) how many of them are submitted.

Any ideas?

Regards,
Tom