Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Doug Thomson <db...@gov.pe.ca> on 2002/08/12 16:03:22 UTC

SOAP, XML, WebSphere 3.5

Since I am new to SOAP and XML, can someone point me in the right
direction.

I've downloaded Apache SOAP and followed the instruction for installing
it to WebSphere 3.5.  It seems to e working as it returns what it should
when I access the rpcrouter servlet.

Now my question.  I have a remote server that wants to be able to send
me a SOAP request containing a Registration number filled out via an
online form.   I want to take this registration number and use WebSphere
to search our DB2 databases and return the results (Business name,
address, etc) of this search to the client.

Anyone doing anything similar and if so what do I need on the server
side to get this started.  Remember I know very little about SOAP but am
willing to learn.

Duog