Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Chaim Koshizky <Ch...@CreoScitex.com> on 2001/10/07 13:19:31 UTC

Absolute file path

Does any one know how to set a  the right parameter to  "parser->parse"
so that an absolute file path will be parsed.

I am using a Mac OS 9, and the absolute xml file path is :

"Mac HD 9.1:development:myfile.xml"

Thanks

Chaim

Re: Absolute file path

Posted by James Berry <jb...@criticalpath.com>.
Hi Chaim,

Please read the documentation about the Mac port of Xerces.

You can't pass Xerces a classic Mac OS pathname, but need to send in a posix
style path. The file MacOSPlatformUtils.hpp contains definitions for
supplied routines that will allow you to convert to/from unicode-style posix
paths and Mac OS FSSpec/FSRef.

Here are the definitions from that file:

//    Convert fom FSRef/FSSpec to a Unicode character string path.
//    Note that you'll need to delete [] that string after you're done with
it!
XMLCh*    XMLCreateFullPathFromFSRef(const FSRef& startingRef);
XMLCh*    XMLCreateFullPathFromFSSpec(const FSSpec& startingSpec);

//    Convert from path to FSRef/FSSpec
//    You retain ownership of the pathName.
bool    XMLParsePathToFSRef(const XMLCh* const pathName, FSRef& ref);
bool    XMLParsePathToFSSpec(const XMLCh* const pathName, FSSpec& spec);

-jdb