Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Age Mooy <am...@home.nl> on 2002/05/31 14:28:27 UTC

Security in turbine 2.2. Should I use Fulcrum ?

Hi,

I'm working on a turbine 2.2 (b2-dev) app and it's time to add some
security.
I've been using Torque 3.0-b2 for all database access without problems but
until now I haven't used Fulcrum at all.

Which security service should I use, the old turbine-2 SecurityService or
the Fulcrum one ?

If I use the old service I'm also forced to enable the built-in Torque
because they are tightly coupled. This means my app would run two paralel
versions of Torque and I would like to avoid this.

So I tried to use the Fulcrum (3.0-b2) SecurityService but I got some
extremely weird errors in my turbine.log. With the following code in my pull
tool:

public RoleSet getRoles() {
  RoleSet roles = null;

  try {
    roles = TurbineSecurity.getRoles(new Criteria());
  }
  catch (Exception e) {
    e.printStackTrace();
  }

  return roles;
}

I get the following error

[Fri May 31 13:30:45 CEST 2002] -- ERROR -- Error rendering Velocity
template: screens/Test.vm: Invocation of method 'getRoles' in  class
com.wisdom.wanda.security.om.tools.SecurityTool threw exception class
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError : null

I have no idea where that exception comes from or how it escapes my
try-catch block... Is the security service in Fulcrum broken ?

And then there are the OM classes that Torque generates for the turbine
security model.... what are they supposed to be used for ?

Any help at all would be very welcome...

Age