Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Christopher Cheng <ch...@chrishome.com> on 2005/10/18 05:59:23 UTC

How to map ntext of SQL Server 2000?

Hi all,

I have a problem to map "ntext column type" in SQL Server 2000 in OJB

<field-descriptor

        name="remarks"

        column="remarks"

        jdbc-type="CLOB"

/>

I tried CLOB, BLOB and VARBINARY already and I have the following error:

Caused by: org.apache.ojb.broker.PersistenceBrokerSQLException: SQLException
during the execution of the query (for
com.mycompany.model.reference.Consulate): The text, ntext, or image data
type cannot be selected as DISTINCT.

RE: How to map ntext of SQL Server 2000?

Posted by Christopher Cheng <ch...@chrishome.com>.
Here's what I have in spy.log
Since testText is a text type, SQL server does not allow the use of
DISTINCT. Any idea?

1129863764009|10|3|statement||SELECT DISTINCT
A0.ConsulateId,A0.CountryCode,A0.AddressRoom,A0.AddressFloor,A0.AddressBuild
ing,A0.addressStreetNumber,A0.addressStreet,A0.addressCity,A0.addressDistric
t,A0.addressState,A0.addressArea,A0.addressCountry,A0.addressZip,A0.telephon
e,A0.facsimilie,A0.telex,A0.website,A0.remarks,A0.officeHoursMonFri,A0.offic
eHoursSat,A0.contactId,A0.requirementId,A0.testText FROM Consulates A0

Posted by Armin Waibel <ar...@apache.org>.
Hi,