Posted to users@royale.apache.org by Alina Kazi <al...@gmail.com> on 2020/09/15 00:43:00 UTC

Royale Emulation Components with Jewel

Hi,

Why Can't we use mx spark emulated components with Jewel. Output is in html
and JavaScript for each case.
What we need to do in sdk for that?
There should be this possibility to use them simultaneously.

I have worked on 2 different projects.
One was pure flex to royale Emulation(porting).
One is flex to jewel Development

Now, I have a new project. I want it to be merger of both.
So that client delivery and look n feel both could be possible 'on same'
and 'in less' time.

In Flex, there was no restriction of using mx with spark and vice versa.

What are your thoughts?
I have already shared API report for new porting project on my previous
email/thread.

Carlos, your reply on Jewel integration with mxRoyale and Sparkroyale.
& Alex, for the possibility of Emulated components use with Jewel UI.
And every one else who is involved in SDK Development.

Thanks and Regards
Alina Kazi

Re: Royale Emulation Components with Jewel

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org>.
Hi,

when emulation started Alex though was to add Jewel themes to emulation,
but that was not done.
My thought is that will be a considerable amount of work in emulation, but
something that should be done at some point.

The requirements would mean emulation components implement an html
hierarchy equal to jewel so they can be styled with jewel themes.
that could be relatively easy for Button, CheckBox, RadioButton... but more
complicated for other components that are implemented very differently in
emulation.
Also Jewel has styling for components that doesn't exist in emulation and
vice versa. Emulation has components that don't exist in Jewel.
Finally that could solve some styling issues, but other things like
responsiveness would be not supported, something that is native to Jewel
but MX and SPARK doesn't know about it and there's no APIs that cover it.

I think this effort is significant and will require some months working
full time on it.

--
Carlos Rovira
http://about.me/carlosrovira

Re: Royale Emulation Components with Jewel

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org>.
Hi,

--
Carlos Rovira
http://about.me/carlosrovira

RE: Royale Emulation Components with Jewel

Posted by Yishay Weiss <yi...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Yishay Weiss <yi...@hotmail.com>.