Posted to dev@wookie.apache.org by David Francisco <he...@dmfranc.com> on 2012/09/17 14:41:11 UTC

Problem granting permission to use wookie's proxy

Hello everyone,

I am trying to grant permission to communicate with external resources to
new widgets, by default.

For example, if the widget has the configuration <access origin="*"/>, I
want it to be able to communicate with external resources without admin
intervention. However, when the widget is deployed, a new policy rule is
added to the policies file with the value DENY (instead of ALLOW).

I also tried to add "* * allow" to the policies file, but it didn't work
either.
Is there any way to automatically grant the permissions the widget is
asking for?

This problem appeared to me since I upgraded from Wookie 0.9 to Wookie 0.11.

Best regards and thank you in advance for your help,
David Francisco

Re: Problem granting permission to use wookie's proxy

Posted by David Francisco <he...@dmfranc.com>.
Yes, I saw it yesterday. I was having some problems running the latest code
but I patched the stable release and it's working. Thank you!

David Francisco
+351 918771302
http://dmfranc.com

Posted by Scott Wilson <sc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Scott Wilson <sc...@gmail.com>.
On 17 Sep 2012, at 15:45, David Francisco wrote:

> Hello again,
>
> Thank you for the fast reply. I tried to drop the same widget into the
> deploy folder and it worked as you described.
> The behavior I mentioned seems to happen when I do a POST request to
> /wookie/widgets (with admin credentials).

OK, so it only happens using the REST API - that does narrow it down.

> Concerning the "* * ALLOW" workaround, since the above operation adds
> a DENYdirective into the policies file, is it possible that my "*
> * ALLOW" is being overridden (the DENY line is added below mine, so perhaps
> it gets priority)?

Yes, thats right, a matching DENY policy overrides an ALLOW.

Posted by David Francisco <he...@dmfranc.com>.
Hello again,

Posted by Scott Wilson <sc...@gmail.com>.
Hi David,