Posted to user@beam.apache.org by Sruthi Sree Kumar <sr...@gmail.com> on 2020/04/21 20:04:34 UTC

Running NexMark Tests

Hello,

I am trying to run nexmark queries using flink runner streaming. Followed
the documentation and used the command
./gradlew :sdks:java:testing:nexmark:run \

    -Pnexmark.runner=":runners:flink:1.10" \
    -Pnexmark.args="
        --runner=FlinkRunner
        --suite=SMOKE
        --streamTimeout=60
        --streaming=true
        --manageResources=false
        --monitorJobs=true
        --flinkMaster=[local]"

But after the events are read from the source, there is no further
progress and the job is always stuck at 99%. Is there any configuration
that I am missing?

Regards,
Sruthi

Re: Running NexMark Tests

Posted by Sruthi Sree Kumar <sr...@gmail.com>.
PR for the update: https://github.com/apache/beam/pull/11751

Regards,
Sruthi

Re: Running NexMark Tests

Posted by Sruthi Sree Kumar <sr...@gmail.com>.

Re: Running NexMark Tests

Posted by Maximilian Michels <mx...@apache.org>.

Re: Running NexMark Tests

Posted by Maximilian Michels <mx...@apache.org>.

Re: Running NexMark Tests

Posted by Sruthi Sree Kumar <sr...@gmail.com>.

Re: Running NexMark Tests

Posted by Sruthi Sree Kumar <sr...@gmail.com>.

Re: Running NexMark Tests

Posted by Maximilian Michels <mx...@apache.org>.

Re: Running NexMark Tests

Posted by Maximilian Michels <mx...@apache.org>.

Re: Running NexMark Tests

Posted by Sruthi Sree Kumar <sr...@gmail.com>.

Re: Running NexMark Tests

Posted by Sruthi Sree Kumar <sr...@gmail.com>.
Thank you. It worked with the argument '--shutdownSourcesOnFinalWatermark=true'
I will open PR to update the documentation.

Re: Running NexMark Tests

Posted by Maximilian Michels <mx...@apache.org>.
The flag is needed when checkpointing is enabled because Flink is unable
to create a new checkpoint when not all operators are running.

By default, operators shut down when all input has been read. That will
trigger sending out the maximum (final) watermark at the sources. The
flag name is a bit confusing in this regard because shutting down the
sources triggers sending out the watermark, not the other way around.

-Max

Re: Running NexMark Tests

Posted by Maximilian Michels <mx...@apache.org>.

Re: Running NexMark Tests