Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Thomas Schweikle <tp...@vr-web.de> on 2006/02/22 16:13:52 UTC

[users@httpd] php and apache22

Hi!

starting apache22 with mod_php4 I am prompted with various error
messages:

PHP Warning:  Function registration failed - duplicate name -
imagick_ordereddither in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  Function registration failed - duplicate name -
imagick_composite in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  Function registration failed - duplicate name -
imagick_set_image_comment in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  Function registration failed - duplicate name -
imagick_set_image_quality in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  Function registration failed - duplicate name -
imagick_destroyhandle in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  Function registration failed - duplicate name -
imagick_read in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  Function registration failed - duplicate name -
imagick_free in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  Function registration failed - duplicate name -
imagick_add_resource in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  Function registration failed - duplicate name -
imagick_list_magickinfo in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  Function registration failed - duplicate name -
imagick_new in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  Function registration failed - duplicate name -
imagick_init in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  Function registration failed - duplicate name -
imagick_copy_sample in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  Function registration failed - duplicate name -
imagick_copy_resize in Unknown on line 0

If I start without mod_php4 apache22 is started and stays
running. Any idea what is wrong here?

--
Thomas

[users@httpd] Re: php and apache22

Posted by Joost de Heer <sa...@xs4all.nl>.

http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@httpd.apache.org/msg24221.html

[users@httpd] Re: php and apache22

Posted by Thomas Schweikle <tp...@vr-web.de>.
François Conil schrieb:
> Thomas Schweikle a écrit :
>

>> In /var/log/messages the error did not show up --- it looks like
>> this is somewhere crunched in the startup script. Starting
>> apache directly I am prompted with: "No such file or directory:
>> Failed to enable the 'httpready' Accept Filter"
>>
>> Any idea what this means?
>
> The httpready filter isn't needed per se, but can improve performance.
>
> The "no such file or directory error" on the other hand is quite a
> problem. Have you enabled apache in your rc.conf ? (can't remember if
> it's needed on freebsd 4, but it is for freebsd 5)

For FreeBSD 4 and up it is needed to add "apache22_enable="YES""
to make it run at system startup (or by giving
"/usr/local/etc/rc.d/apache22.sh" a change to start it).

How can I disable the httpready filter? At the moment this
missing filter (or related kernel module) blocks apache.

--
Thomas

Re: [users@httpd] Re: php and apache22

Posted by François Conil <co...@ece.fr>.
Thomas Schweikle a écrit :

> In /var/log/messages the error did not show up --- it looks like
> this is somewhere crunched in the startup script. Starting
> apache directly I am prompted with: "No such file or directory:
> Failed to enable the 'httpready' Accept Filter"
>
> Any idea what this means?

The httpready filter isn't needed per se, but can improve performance.

The "no such file or directory error" on the other hand is quite a
problem. Have you enabled apache in your rc.conf ? (can't remember if
it's needed on freebsd 4, but it is for freebsd 5)

cheers,
--
François Conil
Administrateur Systèmes et Réseaux

[users@httpd] Re: php and apache22

Posted by Thomas Schweikle <tp...@vr-web.de>.

Posted by François Conil <co...@ece.fr>.

Posted by Thomas Schweikle <tp...@vr-web.de>.

Re: [users@httpd] php and apache22

Posted by François Conil <co...@ece.fr>.
Thomas Schweikle a écrit :
> Hi!

<snip>

Hello,

Try to look after a file named extensions.ini and comment out the
extensions that are loaded twice at startup.

Cheers,

Posted by Thomas Schweikle <tp...@vr-web.de>.
httpd2@karsites.net schrieb:
> Are you using an old mod_php4 compiled for Apache 2.0.xx?

No, I have compiled mod_php4 for apache 2.2.x from scratch (or
better I did: "portupgrade -rRf php4 apache22" after
deinstalling apache 2.0.x then installing apache 2.2.x --- just
to make sure all depending libraries are build for apache 2.2.x.

> If so, you need to recompile mod_php4 against Apache 2.2,
> because Apache 2.0.xx module format is different to the
> Apache 2.2.0 format.

I have done so.

> Or are you trying to load mod_php4 & mod_php5 at the same
> time into Apache 2.2.0, which would really confuse Apache ?

No. I've tried to migrate to php5, but some parts I am using do
not compile on FreeBSD 4.11 I have to migrate to FreeBSD 5.4 or
6.0 before --- but this is impossible, since these won't run
VMware ESX server (at least I did not got them running)...

--

Posted by ht...@karsites.net.
Are you using an old mod_php4 compiled for Apache 2.0.xx?

If so, you need to recompile mod_php4 against Apache 2.2,
because Apache 2.0.xx module format is different to the
Apache 2.2.0 format.

Or are you trying to load mod_php4 & mod_php5 at the same
time into Apache 2.2.0, which would really confuse Apache ?

Keith

In practice they are not.