Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Cyril Scetbon <cy...@free.fr> on 2012/08/10 16:12:42 UTC

disable pipeline replication

Hi,

Is it possible to reduce the replication factor (on each query but letting it done asynchronously) or to disable the pipeline replication as we got a high latency in our tests ?

thanks

Cyril SCETBON

Re: disable pipeline replication

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Cyril,

There isn't presently a way to do this. Can you file a JIRA with this
request, once the Apache JIRA is up? We can probably add in a config
param to do it.

An ugly workaround would be to write with replication factor = X and
then use "fs -setrep" to raise it up later to (X + n) addon replicas,
which will be handled asynchronously.

--
Harsh J

Re: disable pipeline replication