Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Sylvain Caillet <s....@free.fr> on 2005/12/01 12:23:17 UTC

XOR Mode to repaint SVG object

Hi to all !

I have a Java panel on which i have to allow my users to move a SVG object rendered with the Batik API. I'm looking for a way to use the XOR technic to efficiently paint/remove my object during the move.

I currently a code like that to paint the SVG :
---------------- begin code --------------
public void paint(Graphics g) {
// GraphicsNode gn;
 Graphics2D g2d;

 g2d = (Graphics2D)g.create(x,y,width,height);
 g2d.scale(sx, sy);
 gn.paint(g2d);
}

---------------- end code --------------
Is it possible to use (on g or g2d ?) the setXORMode method ?

Thank you for your help

Best regards

Sylvain Caillet

Re: XOR Mode to repaint SVG object

Posted by th...@kodak.com.
Hi Sylvain,

"Sylvain Caillet" <s....@free.fr> wrote on 12/01/2005 06:23:17 AM:

> I have a Java panel on which i have to allow my users to move a SVG
object
> rendered with the Batik API. I'm looking for a way to use the XOR
technic to
> efficiently paint/remove my object during the move.

   You can't really use XOR for SVG content since it uses alpha
compositing.
I would suggest rendering the SVG content to a BufferedImage with alpha
and
then just move the buffered image version.  This will be plenty fast...
and look a lot better ;).