Posted to dev@servicemix.apache.org by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net> on 2011/05/04 12:25:09 UTC

[DISCUSS] Apache ServiceMix 3.4 release and JBI Maven plugin 4.5

Hi all,

I fixed the last issues around samples and WSN2005 component this morning.
I'm quite ready to cut off the ServiceMix 3.4 release but I have an issue.

In order to be able to run examples/basic example, I had to update the
JBI maven plugin with a new ServiceMix version (only the SLF4J
dependency update).

So, it means that JBI Maven Plugin 4.5-SNAPSHOT uses ServiceMix
3.4-SNAPSHOT.
And, in ServiceMix 3.4-SNAPSHOT, I need to use JBI Maven Plugin
4.5-SNAPSHOT (required by the basic example as it uses
jbi:embeddedServicemix MOJO).
So I introduced a cyclic dependency, only for this release as the JBI
Maven Plugin should be the same for next ServiceMix 3 release (if there
is one :)).

I propose the following:
- locally release JBI Maven Plugin 4.5 on my machine
- release ServiceMix 3.4 referencing JBI Maven Plugin 4.5
- release JBI Maven Plugin 4.5
The two releases will be on the same staging repository and the vote
will cover both. Like this, we will be consistent at promotion time.

Is it OK for you ?

Thanks,
Regards
JB

Re: [DISCUSS] Apache ServiceMix 3.4 release and JBI Maven plugin 4.5

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Nevermind guy.

With the help of Gert, I've broken the cyclic dependency :)

Regards
JB