Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Dan Diephouse <da...@envoisolutions.com> on 2003/01/26 16:53:19 UTC

Fulcrum Build Patch

I've attached a patch which I think cleans up the fulcrum build system
quite a bit.  It makes the following changes:

* Build Process:
It now utilizes the torque maven plugin - so please install it before
using.  (This _really_ needs to be distributed standalone.  So, you can
download my copy here:
http://dan.envoisolutions.com/torque-plugin.tar.gz Just unzip in the
maven/plugins directory.  Also, use my snapshot below in your
project.xml so the plugin works.)

* Project.xml
Updated project.xml to point to better jars:  A torque snap shot resides
here which must be put on ibiblio:
http://dan.envoisolutions.com/torque-3.1-dev.20021225.031342.jar

It also now uses a snapshot of commons-util which is on ibiblio (the
snapshot referred to in the project.xml did not exist on ibiblio).

I also made it so the avalon-roles.xml is now correctly included in the
jar with the latest maven HEAD build.

* Schemas
I moved the schemas to src/schema.  My patch removes them from the root
of the cvs directory, and expects them to be into src/schema.  Someone
must reimport them.  I also did away with the funky package name
configuration.  Currently the package names for the security and
scheduler frameworks are in project.properties.  Since torque allows a
"package" attribute in the xml schema I just put the package name in the
xml schema.  This way it works with the torque plugin.  This is good.  I
figure it doesn't make any more sense to change it in project.properties
than it does in the actual schema.

My copies of the schemas can be downloaded here:
http://dan.envoisolutions.com/scheduler-schema.xml
http://dan.envoisolutions.com/turbine-schema.xml

* Other
I also did nother misc. import fixes and other build corrections for
torque 3.1

And, in case your wondering, all the tests still pass for me.  Hope you
like it.  At least now everything builds.  Comments?

Happy Holidays,

- Dan Diephouse

Re: Fulcrum Build Patch

Posted by Dan Diephouse <da...@envoisolutions.com>.
Here is a new patch which adds the Torque Retrievable interface to the
generated objects for the security and scheduler components.

Cheers,

- Dan