Posted to dev@perl.apache.org by Frank Wiles <fr...@wiles.org> on 2006/02/18 00:26:47 UTC

Apache2::PerlSections patch

  Hi Everyone,

  Back in November Randal mentioned he was having trouble with his
  <Perl> sections.  See this message from the archives,
  http://snipurl.com/monw.

  Attached is a small patch that I believe fixes the issue.

 ---------------------------------
   Frank Wiles <fr...@wiles.org>
   http://www.wiles.org
 ---------------------------------

Re: Apache2::PerlSections patch

Posted by "Philippe M. Chiasson" <go...@ectoplasm.org>.
Randal L. Schwartz wrote:

> Philippe> Frank Wiles wrote:
>
>>>Hi Everyone,
>>>
>>>Back in November Randal mentioned he was having trouble with his
>>><Perl> sections.  See this message from the archives,
>>>http://snipurl.com/monw.
>>>
>>>Attached is a small patch that I believe fixes the issue.
>
> Philippe> Sorry, but it doesn't fix the issue.

I was refering to a different issue it would seem.

> Here's what I'm *still* using:
>
>     use Apache2::PerlSections;
>     BEGIN {
>       *Apache2::PerlSections::dump_special = sub {
>         my($self, @data) = @_;
>         $self->add_config($_) for @data;
>       }
>     }
>
> It's gotta do at least this for it to work for me.

I searched for your original bug report and couldn't find it. Care to point
me in the right direction ?

Re: Apache2::PerlSections patch

Posted by "Randal L. Schwartz" <me...@stonehenge.com>.

<me...@stonehenge.com> <URL:http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/>

Re: Apache2::PerlSections patch

Posted by Frank Wiles <fr...@wiles.org>.
On Fri, 17 Feb 2006 16:04:24 -0800
"Philippe M. Chiasson" <go...@ectoplasm.org> wrote:

> Sorry, but it doesn't fix the issue.
>
> For reference, *this* works as expected
> <Perl>
>   @LogFormat = ( qq("[%h]" hostname), qq("[%u]" url) );
>   @CustomLog = ( qq(logs/hostname hostname), qq(logs/url url));
> </Perl>
>
> The important thing to understand, is that in the general case, in
> <Perl> sections, using
>
> <perl>
> @Directive = ( (a), (b) );
> </perl>
>
> Translate to httpd.conf lingo into
>
> Directive a
> Directive b
>
> And not into:
>
>  Directive a b
>
> The only notable exception to this is in nested constructs, like
> $VirtualHosts and such, where you can often use [(a), (b)]
> interchangeably with "a b".

  Ah that makes sense.  Thanks Philippe!

Re: Apache2::PerlSections patch

Posted by "Philippe M. Chiasson" <go...@ectoplasm.org>.