Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Marty Hall <ha...@aplcenMP.apl.jhu.edu> on 2000/01/18 14:44:44 UTC

.bat files in tomcat.zip missing CR's?

It seems to me that startup.bat, shutdown.bat, tomcat.bat, and web.xml were
saved in Unix format, and have only LF at the end of each line, not
CR/LF. As a result, the .bat files fail. I can insert CR (^M) by
hand in emacs or Notepad, or I can open and then save each file in
Wordpad to fix the problem.

This was in the release build. But I also checked the most recent nightly
build; it had the same problem.

Cheers-
					- Marty
			http://www.apl.jhu.edu/~hall/java/Servlet-Tutorial/
			(not yet updated to use tomcat)

Re: .bat files in tomcat.zip missing CR's?

Posted by Pierpaolo Fumagalli <pi...@apache.org>.
Marty Hall wrote:

> It seems to me that startup.bat, shutdown.bat, tomcat.bat, and web.xml were
> saved in Unix format, and have only LF at the end of each line, not
> CR/LF. As a result, the .bat files fail. I can insert CR (^M) by
> hand in emacs or Notepad, or I can open and then save each file in
> Wordpad to fix the problem.
>
> This was in the release build. But I also checked the most recent nightly
> build; it had the same problem.

Zip files have the ability to "translate" LF/CRLF in text files. Check
out your unzip settings, since they should be converted automatically (I
use WinZIP and have no problems!)

	Pier